The Urban Developer
AdvertiseEventsWebinarsUrbanity
Industry Excellence
Urban Leader
Sign In
Membership
Latest
Menu
Location
Sector
Category
Content
Type
Newsletters
Urban Leader Awards Logos RGB White
NOMINATIONS CLOSE SEPTEMBER 12 RECOGNISING THE INDIVIDUALS BEHIND THE PROJECTS
NOMINATIONS CLOSING SEPTEMBER 12 URBAN LEADER AWARDS
LEARN MOREDETAILS
TheUrbanDeveloper
Follow
About
About Us
Membership
Awards
Events
Webinars
Listings
Resources
Terms & Conditions
Commenting Policy
Privacy Policy
Republishing Guidelines
Editorial Charter
Complaints Handling Policy
Contact
General Enquiries
Advertise
Contribution Enquiry
Project Submission
Membership Enquiry
Newsletter
Stay up to date and with the latest news, projects, deals and features.
Subscribe
ADVERTISEMENT
SHARE
1
print
Print
GovernmentEditorial DeskTue 15 Aug 23

Qld Government Broadens Flood Help for Homeowners

Up to 1000 more Queenslander whose homes were flooded in the 2021 and 2022 disasters could now be eligible to access funding to raise their homes.

Expansions to the assessment criteria under the Palaszczuk government’s $741-million Resilient Homes Fund means more homeowners can apply for additional house-raising and retro-fitting measures, according to the government.

The funding will be available for homeowners who previously did not meet house-raising criteria, but were instead assessed as eligible for funding under the resilient retrofit option.

The criteria had been broadened “to enhance the reach and benefit of the program following feedback from impacted Queenslanders”, the government said.

Households who previously registered their homes under the Resilient Homes Fund will now be eligible for funding under the House Raising program, or can use funds originally intended for a resilient retrofit to instead raise their home.

The change comes as the Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC) launches a public register of contractors suitably qualified to carry out work under the Resilient Homes Fund.

More than 530 builders are listed on the RHF Contractor Register, which can be found here.

Minister for Public Works and Procurement Mick de Brenni said the government knew many in the community were still “dealing with the lasting impacts of these devastating floods”.

“Not only is this good news for flood-affected Queenslanders but it also means fewer insurance claims and lower premiums following extreme flooding in the future.

“We’ve also set up a new register of builders so Queenslanders accessing this additional support will be easily able to find the builders and tradies who are best suited to help them.

“This is about making it easier for homeowners to search for suitably licensed and qualified builders in their area, who are well equipped to get the job done.”

ResidentialAustraliaPlanningPolicyConstructionConstructionPolicy
AUTHOR
Editorial Desk
More articles by this author
ADVERTISEMENT
TOP STORIES
Stockland bumps up its apartment pipeline in melbourne and sydney
Exclusive

Stockland Re-Enters Density in $5bn Apartment Play

Renee McKeown
4 Min
Woolloongabba Precinct Vulture St
Exclusive

Brisbane Developer in Cross River Rail Compensation Tussle

Clare Burnett
4 Min
The Mondrian Gold Coast hotel's food and beverage is driving profits
Exclusive

Touch, Taste, Theatre: What’s Driving Mondrian’s Success

Renee McKeown
6 Min
Fortis’ display suites are designed as brand environments first, with tactile details and curated design to build buyer confidence before project specifics.
Exclusive

Relevant or Redundant: Will Tech Kill Display Suites?

Vanessa Croll
7 Min
Exclusive

Missing Heart: Why The Gold Coast Needs a CBD

Phil Bartsch
7 Min
View All >
South Melbourne social housing precinct
Affordable & Social Housing

South Melbourne Housing Precinct Revamp Takes Next Step

Leon Della Bosca
Stockland bumps up its apartment pipeline in melbourne and sydney
Exclusive

Stockland Re-Enters Density in $5bn Apartment Play

Renee McKeown
Aerial view of Caboolture and Bruce highway to Brisbane with Bribie Island Road crossing, Queensland, Australia
Policy

Queensland’s $2bn Push Opens New Housing Front

Vanessa Croll
First projects named in a statewide plan to fast-track supply, including thousands of homes in a major growth region…
LATEST
South Melbourne social housing precinct
Affordable & Social Housing

South Melbourne Housing Precinct Revamp Takes Next Step

Leon Della Bosca
2 Min
Stockland bumps up its apartment pipeline in melbourne and sydney
Exclusive

Stockland Re-Enters Density in $5bn Apartment Play

Renee McKeown
4 Min
Aerial view of Caboolture and Bruce highway to Brisbane with Bribie Island Road crossing, Queensland, Australia
Policy

Queensland’s $2bn Push Opens New Housing Front

Vanessa Croll
2 Min
The Adelaide purpose built student accommodation market is about to increase by 1058 beds with the State Commission Assessment Panel supporting two towers in the making.
Student Housing

Highrise Approvals Add 1000-Plus PBSA Beds in Adelaide

Renee McKeown
3 Min
View All >
ADVERTISEMENT
Article originally posted at: https://www.theurbandeveloper.com/articles/flood-help-queensland-government-august-23